preparation for disaster recovery testing

Hi,

I have a question about the PAM server in replica mode. We are planning disaster recovery testing. We are replicating the PAM server periodically in order to have a backup ready. The plan is as follows:

We will freshly replicate the server
Run the replica in production mode
Shut down the production server

We’ll leave it that way for a few days

Then we’ll do a failback. We’ll shut down the replica, put the production server back on prod.

Question is whether there are any prerequisites, features to prepare for this process and not to break anything

We will do everything through Veeam backup

Sincerely,

Hi @Tomas_Ale

I understand the approach you are considering for testing disaster recovery on the PAM server in replica mode. However, I would like to emphasize that this is not a recommended practice by senhasegura. Our primary recommendation is the use of clustered senhasegura environment to ensure high availability for your application.

The approach you mentioned, involving server replication and the use of Veeam backup, is not directly related to senhasegura’s services or products.

We acknowledge that disaster recovery is a critical concern, and we are here to assist in finding solutions that align with best practices in security and data recovery. We recommend exploring more secure alternatives to ensure service continuity in your environment.

If you have any questions or concerns during this process, please get in touch with our support team on our channel PAM Solution so that we can assist you properly.

Best regards